On behalf of the OWASP Foundation, the conference planning team and everyone attending the conference, we would like to thank you for volunteering at this year’s event. Without volunteers the conference would not run as smoothly and so we rely heavily on your goodwill and assistance.
The following provides important information including preparing for the event, registering for the conference, and booking your hotel as well as other important details and deadlines.
Global AppSec volunteers are expected to implement the following functions during the conference:
- Greet attendees upon arrival and throughout the conference.
- Assist attendees with finding rooms/locations throughout the event.
- Assist OWASP Foundation Staff members with setup, closing and continued operations throughout the duration of the conference.
- Ensure participants’ compliance with the OWASP Global AppSec Code of Conduct: https://dc.globalappsec.org/about/code-of-conduct (edited)
Preparing for the Conference
- REGISTER: It is critical that you register. Discount codes will be distributed to volunteers.
- BOOK HOTEL: OWASP has a room block for Global AppSec DC 2019. To book a room at the conference hotel use the link above.
- Conference Passes include: Coffee and lunch on Thursday, September 12th & Friday, September 13th, access to the conference talks & expo area, social events, and conference activities.
- Event Location: Marriott Wardman Park Hotel, 2660 Woodley Road NW, Washington, D.C. 20008 USA, phone: +1-202-328-2000
- Details on the event schedule can be found here
- Travel Information
Leif Dreizler, Volunteer Coordinator